Guidelines for late breaking submission of abstracts
The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of late breaking abstracts for presentation at the BASEL LIFE – Innovation forums. Europe’s Leading Life Science Congress will take place in Basel, Switzerland 11-14 September 2018.
The abstract submission is closed, notification letters have been sent out.
Please note that the late-breaking abstract deadline is not an extension of the general abstract submission deadline!
In order to standardize the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
Topics for Abstract Submission
Authors are requested to select a topic under which they wish their abstract to be reviewed:
- Aging and drug discovery
- Artificial intelligence for and blockchain in healthcare
- Genomics, block-chain smart contracts and the healthcare data sharing economy
- Genome editing (CRISPR/Cas9) in drug discovery
- Health care, life science strategy and digital health and future of clinical trials
- Medicinal chemistry and drug discovery
- Peptide therapeutics
- Women in science
- Innovative research and drug discovery technologies
- Abstracts may be submitted only via the online submission system. Abstracts submitted via fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK English spelling.
- The abstract text may not be longer than 2500 characters (approx. 300 words), excluding authors, disclosures and the title, that may not be longer than 250 characters.
- Abstracts should contain original material neither published nor presented elsewhere prior to 11 September 2018.
- Following structure will be required:
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text but do not define in the title.
- Tables, charts and other graphics may be included in the abstract in jpg format only of high resolution and suitable for reproduction in black & white. A separate upload button is provided (max. 3 graphics per abstract). The maximum file size of each graph is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
- The corresponding author is responsible for informing the co-authors about the status of the abstract. Please make sure that the corresponding/presenting author’s E-mail address as well as full name is correct.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress. Poster presenters must be present and stand by their poster during the poster session.
- Authors should indicate their preferred presentation method
- Poster presentation only
- Oral or poster presentation
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by E-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that may arise)
- your personal user code (E-mail address) and password.
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal user code and password. Please note that alterations cannot be made after the above mentioned abstract deadline.
Notification of authors
Abstracts are subject to approval by the Programme Committee and to final assignment for inclusion in the programme as an oral or poster presentation. Authors will be notified by E-mail (therefore it is essential that you indicate your correct E-mail address) in the end of July 2018. Full instructions concerning the preparation and presentation will be included.
All accepted abstracts will be available 10 days before the congress (1 September 2018) on the congress’s website.
Prizes will be awarded to the best 3 poster presentations. All posters are listed for the prize, no additional allocation needed.
Young Scientists’ Travel Grant
Applications for Travel Grants will not be accepted for authors of late breaking abstracts.
If you need any assistance:
Hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Mon – Fri during CET business hours)