Guidelines for submission of abstracts
You are cordially invited to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentations.
Deadline for late breaker abstract submission:
Tuesday, 24 July2018 23:59 CEST
All abstracts must be submitted in English via the online abstract submission system. Abstracts will be selected based on their scientific merit and the quality and novelty of data presented; it is therefore essential that you clearly and succinctly describe aims, procedures, major findings and the significance of the research reported. Abstracts containing insufficient information for review will be rejected. Please note that alterations cannot be made after the abstract submission deadline.
Abstract topic categories
Authors are asked to select one of the following topics during the submission process:
- Plant disease and pathogens
- Sensory function and deficit
- Aging and senescence
- Model system in disease
- Microbial disease and pathogens
- Metabolic disorders – Diabetes and obesity
- Neurodegenerative disease
Please choose one of the above mentioned topics for your abstract (topics 1-10). Indicate if you want to be considered for a 3-minute flash talk during the poster session. When submitting your abstract you can also apply for an oral presentation in one of six concurrent sessions (topics 1-6).
- The corresponding author is responsible for informing the co-authors about the status of the abstract.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract is required to register and attend the meeting. Poster presenters must be present and stand by their poster during the poster session.
Abstracts MAY NOT
- advertise a commercial product
- contain a list of literature references, or acknowledgements of financial or other support
- include graphics or tables
- use or depend on character formatting such as bold, italics, superscript, symbol fonts.
- be submitted in their final state and will be reproduced directly from the online submission – any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will appear in print as submitted
- include a title (max. 200 characters incl. spaces, avoiding ALL CAP spelling)
- be structured in three single-paragraph sections (Background max. 500 characters incl. spaces, Observations max. 1,200 characters incl. spaces, Conclusions max. 300 characters incl. spaces)
- be submitted with the agreement of all listed authors
- be submitted with a license granted to EMBO to publish the accepted abstract on the conference website
EMBO reserves the right to reject submissions that fail to comply with the above regulations, and to remove reference lists, acknowledgements and commercial advertising from accepted abstracts without prior notice.
Young scientists travel grant - Late breaker abstracts will not be considered for travel grants
A limited number of travel grants are available for PhD students and post docs. At abstract submission you may apply for a travel grant and shortly summarize why you need it. Travel grants are 500 CHF maximum and should be used to cover economy travel costs. The winners will be selected by the scientific organizers during the review process and will be notified 3-4 weeks after the abstract submission.
If you need any assistance:
Hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Mon – Fri during CET business hours)